Herbal Information For Saint John's Wort in Powder Form
Common Name: St John's Wort
Botanical Name: Hypericum perforatum
Other Names: Klamath weed, goatweed, witches herb, god's wonder plant and Tipton's weed.
Pin Yin Name: Guan Ye Lian Qiao
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One pound (1lb)
Form: Fine Powder, Certified USDA Organic
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. It should not be taken if you are currently on pharmaceutical MAO-inhibitors. Do not use this product while taking any prescription drug(s) without the advice of your prescribing physician. St. John's Wort should not be used during phototherapy (laser or ultraviolet). Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight when using this product.
Additional Information About Quan Ye Lian Qiao
Traditionally Quan Ye Lian Qiao clears heat, removes toxicity, astringes to stop bleeding and promotes diuresis.
- Supports Emotional Wellbeing
- The key constituents of St. John’s wort include naphthodianthrones (hypericin and pseudohypericin), a broad spectrum of flavonoids, and phloroglucinols -especially hyperforin and adhyperforin.
- The plant, which is a small deciduous shrub, bears lovely bright yellow flowers followed by small red fruits.
Properties: Bitter, Astrigent, Neutral
Naturally Occuring Chemical Components: tannins, hypericin, pseudohypericin, hyperesin I, II, imanin, hyperforin, carotenoids
Popular Herbal Combinations for St. John's Wort
- Dandelion + St. John's Wort
- Dong Quai + St. John's Wort
- Oatstraw + St. John's Wort
- Bai Mao Gen + St. John's Wort
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209545-51Global Trade Item Number: 767963062277Manufacturer Part Number 209545-51Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 2.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)