Herbal Information for Turmeric Rhizome in Powder Form
Common Name: Turmeric Rhizome.
Botanical Name: Curcuma Longa.
Channels/Meridians: Heart, Lung, Liver, Spleen
Other Names: Rhizoma Curcumae Longae
Pin Yin Name: Jiang Huang
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 1 pound
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. May cause stomach irritation.
Product Properties: Acrid, bitter, cool
Naturally Occurring Chemical Components: Curcuminoids, Curcumin, Turmerone, Atlantone, Demethoxycurcumin
Additional Information on Turmeric
- Botanical Antioxidant
- Herbal Support for health joints
- Supports Circulation & Cholesterol
- Benefits Liver Health
- Digestive Support
- Main compound found in Turmeric is Curcumin
About Turmeric Powder
The bright color of Turmeric makes it one of the most easily recognizable spices used in middle eastern cuisine, turmeric (Curcumas longa). The taste of turmeric has a slightly bitter, and warm nature. A close reality of the ginger root, turmeric shrub is primarily cultivated in southeast Asia and parts of Africa. Turmeric is small rhizome but it is known as a spice in curry.
Turmeric did not start out as a spice, but as a dye. When used as a dye for cloth, the color is vibrant like the color of a sunflower. Buddhist monks robes were dyed used Turmeric to produce the golden yellow color.
Popular Herbal Combinations for Jiang Huang
- Ginger + Jiang Huang
- Triphala + Jiang Huang
- Albizia Lebeck + Jiang Huang
- Echinacea + Jiang Huang
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket.
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209975-51Global Trade Item Number: 767963026248Manufacturer Part Number 209975-51Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 2.00 (in)Height: 7.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)