Herbal Information on Uva Ursi in Cut Form
Common Name: Uva Ursi, Mountain Cranberry, Red Bearberry, Bear's Grape, Hog Cranberry
Botanical Name: Arctostaphylos uva ursi
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product
Package Size: One Pound (1lb)
Form: Cut / Sifted, Organic
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Do not use for long periods of time. The high tannin content of the herb could precipitate alkaloid drugs, and bind iron or other metal ions. Foods or drugs that produce an acidic urine could presumably reduce the urinary antimicrobial effects of uva ursi, while alkanization of the urine would enhance this effect.
Naturally Occurring Chemical Components: Tannins, hyperoside, monotropein and triterpenes, glucoside Arbutin
Additional Information on Uva Ursi
- The diuretic action which is largely absorbed unchanged and is excreted by the kidneys
- During its excretion, Arbutin exercises an antiseptic effect on the urinary mucous membrane
- Used in inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract
- Used by Native Americans because of its antiseptic properties
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket.
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209605-31Global Trade Item Number: 767963068873Manufacturer Part Number 209605-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)