Herbal Information on Lab Tested White Atractylodes Root in Cut form
Common Name: White Atractylodes Root, Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae, Bighead atractylodes rhizome
Botanical Name: Atractylodes macrocephala
Pin Yin Name: Bai Zhu
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 1 pound
Form: Cut / Sliced, not uniform pieces.
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Nuherbs Lab Test - Geo-Authentic Herbs
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Do not use when yin deficiency is present. Do not use if dehydrated.
May cause an allergic reaction in people who are sensitive to the Asteraceae/Compositae family. (Ragweed Family). Bai Zhu should only be used for short periods of time.
California Prop 65
Additional Information on Bai Zhu
- Tonifies spleen Qi
- Augments Qi
- Dries dampness
- Induces diuresis
- Arrests sweating
- Can cause occasional bouts of diarrhea
Benefits of Bai Zhu
Product Properties: Bitter, sweet, warm
Channels: Stomach, Liver, Spleen
Naturally Occurring Chemical Components: Humulene, β-elemol, α-curcumene, atractlone, 3β-acetoxyatractylone, β-selinene
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket.
Nuherbs takes great care to ensure the herb is harvested at the proper level of maturity and correct time of the season to maximize potency.
About Nuherbs Lab Tested Quality
Each batch of herbs is dual-lab tested by our in-house lab and independent third party lab. Our in-house lab is equipped with instruments such as a high performance liquid chromatography, moisture determination meter, Fourier transform infrared spectrometer, atomic absorption spectrophotometer, gas chromatograph, etc.
In addition, the following additional tests are performed:
- Micro bacteria
- Pesticides - over 200 pesticides tested for (Uab 2000 screen).
- Heavy Metals - Lead, Mercury and Arsenic
Traditional Chinese Herbs encompasses the use of different parts of plants, such as the leaves, roots, stems, flowers, and seeds. These plant parts are often used as a tea, decoctions, extracts, made into capsules or even a footbath. These bulk herbs should be regarded as an added feature to modern western healthcare, and not as a replacement. Chinese traditional herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony and balance. We encourage you to educate yourself on herbs and supplements, by researching reputable sites, and books. Having an open discussion with your physician on what will be most beneficial for your health issues. And lastly discussing interaction of herbs and pharmaceuticals with your pharmacist or physician.
- "Bai Zhu (Atractylodes Macrocephala)." Chinese Herbs Healing. Web. 23 Sept. 2015. <http://www.chineseherbshealing.com/bai-zhu-atractylodes-macrocephala/>.
- Liu H, Zhu Y, Zhang T, Zhao Z, Zhao Y, Cheng P, Li H, Gao H, Su X. Anti-tumor effects of atractylenolide I isolated from Atractylodes macrocephala in human lung carcinoma cell lines. Molecules. 2013 Oct 29;18(11):13357-68. doi: 10.3390/molecules181113357. PubMed PMID: 24172243.
- Song HP, Li RL, Zhou C, Cai X, Huang HY. Atractylodes macrocephala Koidz stimulates intestinal epithelial cell migration through a polyamine dependent mechanism. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015 Jan 15;159:23-35. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2014.10.059. Epub 2014 Nov 12. PubMed PMID: 25446597.
- (1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5796224/
- (2) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6017956/
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: P11060Global Trade Item Number: 714490050680Manufacturer Part Number P11060Condition: NewAvailability: Ships in one business dayWidth: 8.00 (in)Height: 3.00 (in)Depth: 2.00 (in)