Box of Herbs
A box wonderfully fragrant herbs is an excellent way to add a subtle scent to any room. This example uses lavender and sage but you can use any combination of dried herbs and flowers that you like.
| Box – Card or plain colored box no larger than 8” X 8” X 5”
|String, Paper String, Raffia String
|Lavender and Sage Essential Oils
- Take a hand of lavender and tie together with a piece of raffia. Repeat until you have 5 bundles.
- Repeat the process with the sage. Set aside.
- Using the scissors carefully trim the stems to the height that you want the herbs to protrude from the box. The stems are thick and may be difficult to cut. Carefully cut only a few at a time.
- Wrap the string or paper string tightly around the box at least 4 times. Tie a knot of the back side of the box. Trim the ends and tuck the knot under the stings.
- Arrange the bunches of sage and lavender alternately in the box or create your own design. You should be able to make 3 rows of 3 to 4 bunches of herbs, depending on the size of you bunches.
- To keep your arrangement smelling wonderful, sprinkle a few drops of the appropriate essential oil on the herbs.