Shop Ashwagandha Forms and Sizes Below
Common Names: Ashwagandha Root, Winter cherry, Indian ginseng
Botanical Name: Withania somnifera
Chinese / Pin Yin Name: None
Ashwagandha Dosage: Follow doctor's instructions for how to use this herb.
Ashwagandha Precautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Ashwagandha Root Benefits & Information
Ashwagandha root is a medicinal herb that has been used to treat a variety of health concerns for thousands of years. Ashwagandha is a member of the Solanaceae (nightshade) plant family which includes includes popular vegetables as tomatoes, potatoes and eggplant, along with flowers like petunias. This plant is used in Ayurvedic medicine, the ancient system of Indian medicine, as a rejuvenator (rasayana). Studies have shown it contains sedative, antibacterial, antimicrobial, and astringent properties. Ashwagandha root can be used as a tonic. Ashwagandha root health benefits include:
- Supports a Health Immune System
- Benefits the Endocrine System
- Promotes Normal Thyroid Function
- May Benefit Male Reproductive Function
- Promotes a Calm Mood
- Benefits Healthy Glucose Levels
- Supports the Blood & Circulatory Systems
- Benefits Muscles Health & Endurance.
- Supports the Body's Health Response to Inflammation
Ashwagandha Naturally Occurring Components: Alkaloids, Isopellertierine, Anferine, Steroidal lactones, Withanolides, Withaferins, Saponins
Herbs That Combine With Ashwagandha
Get More! Quality you can trust. Service you can count on.