Shop Black Teas Below.
What's so great about Bulk Black Tea?
Black Tea leaves contain a number of unique health benefiting compounds. Included among them are flavonoids and phytochemicals. Flavonoids have long been known to have anti-oxidant properties which prevent cell damage that is thought to contribute to more than 50 diseases. Flavonoids also appear to inhibit the formation of blood clots, thus reducing the risk of stroke, and may help prevent oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (the "bad" cholesterol), which can damage arteries.
Black tea leaves are fully fermented and may take up to ten separate steps to process. The leaves start out whole but are usually broken or torn during processing. When brewed black tea results in a full-bodied dark orangish-brown tea. Taste can range from slightly fruity to pungently smoky. People will sometimes drink black tea with milk, sugar, lemon or other additives. If you are drinking black tea as part of a weight loss plan, you may want to be careful about what you add to your tea. Black tea is a flavorful zero calorie beverage on its own.
Health Benefiting Nutrients In Black Tea:
- Carotene, a precursor to vitamin A, has antioxidant and protective properties.
- Thiamin (vitamin B1) and riboflavin (vitamin B2) are both essential for releasing energy from food.
- Nicotinic acid and pantothenic acid are necessary for the release of energy from fat and carbohydrate.
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is essential for a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin B6 is involved in the metabolism of proteins
- Black tea also affects the bacterial enzyme glucosyltranferase which is responsible for converting sugars into the sticky matrix material that plaque uses to adhere to teeth
Black Tea Benefits
- Benefits Digestive Health
- Supports Cardiovascular Health
- May Aid With Alertness & Natural Energy
- Benefits Metabolism