Review Momordica Seed Forms and Sizes of Bulk Herbs Below
Common Name: Momordica Seed, Bitter Melon, Momordica Fruit, Bitter Gourd, Gructus Momordicae Charantiae, Pare, Pare Pahit, Paria, peria, Bitter Squash, Art Pumpkin, Cerasee, Carila Cundeamor, Bitter Cucumber, Balsam-Pear, Balsam Apple
Botanical Name: Momordica charantia fruit
Chinese / Pin Yin Name: Ku Gua, Ku Gua Gan
Momordica Seed Dosage: Consult your helathcare provider for your correct dose.
Momordica Seed Precautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Momordica Seed Benefits & Information
Momordica Seed is a traditional Chinese medicinal herb use to clear summer heat, support eyesight and to remove toxicity. Momordica Seed benefits include immune system booster, support skin health, promote eye health and support healthy glucose levels. In addition to it's medicinal uses Momordica Seed is also widely used as a food source in many cuisines.
Momordica Seed Properties: Bitter Cold
Momordica Seed Channels / Meridians: Heart, Lung, Spleen, Stomach
Momordica Seed Naturally Occurring Components: 5α-Stigmasta-7,25-dien-3β-ol, 5-hydroxytryptamine, Gamma-aminobutyric acid, Lutein, Lycopene, Mutachrome, Oxalate, Oxalic acid
Momordica is a genus of plants that includes several species known for their potential health benefits. One of the most well-known members of this genus is Momordica charantia, commonly referred to as bitter melon or bitter gourd. Here are some of the potential benefits of momordica:
- Blood Sugar Regulation: Momordica, particularly bitter melon, is widely recognized for its potential to
lower blood sugar levels. It contains compounds like charantin, vicine, and lectins, which may help
improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar spikes. It is often used as a natural remedy for diabetes management.
- Antioxidant Properties: Momordica is rich in antioxidants, such as vitamins C and A, flavonoids,
and phenolic compounds. These antioxidants help combat oxidative stress and reduce the
risk of chronic diseases by neutralizing harmful free radicals in the body.
- Weight Management: Bitter melon is low in calories and contains dietary fiber, which
can help promote a feeling of fullness and aid in weight management. It may also support
weight loss efforts by regulating blood sugar levels and reducing food cravings.
- Digestive Health: Momordica may have a beneficial effect on digestion. It can help alleviate
digestive issues like indigestion and constipation due to its fiber content. Additionally, it
is believed to possess mild laxative properties.
- Immune System Support: The vitamins and antioxidants in momordica can
contribute to a stronger immune system. Regular consumption may help the body
fight off infections and illnesses more effectively.
- Heart Health: Some studies suggest that momordica may help reduce the risk of heart disease
by lowering cholesterol levels and improving blood vessel function. The antioxidants in
momordica also contribute to heart health by reducing inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: Momordica may have anti-inflammatory properties, which can
be beneficial for conditions characterized by chronic inflammation, such as arthritis.
- Skin Health: Topical applications of momordica extracts or oils may benefit the skin.
Momordica oil is rich in essential fatty acids and may help moisturize the skin and improve its overall appearance.