Herbal Information for Organic Self-heal in Unsulfured Cut Form
Common Name: Self-heal
Botanical Name: Prunella Vulgaris Spike
Channels/Meridians: Gallbladder, Liver
Pin Yin Name: Xia Ku Cao
Other Names: Prunella Spike, Self Heal Herb, Spica Prunellae Vulgaris, Common Selfheal plant, All-Heal, Blue Curls, Brownwort, Brunelle, Brunelle Commune, Brunelle Vulgaire, Brunette, Carpenter's Herb, Carpenter's Weed, Charbonnière, Heal-All, Heart of the Earth, Herbe au Charpentier, Hercules Woundwort, Hock-Heal, Petite Consoude, Prunela, Prunella, Prunella vulgaris, Prunelle, Prunelle Vulgaire, Sicklewort, Siclewort, Slough-Heal, Woundwort
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 500 Grams ( 1.1 pounds)
Form: Cut / Sliced - sizes vary
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Plum Flower, species - authenticated herbs
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Long term usage may cause stomach irritation. Consult your doctor for best usage.
Additional Information on Self-heal
- Harvested in the summer, when completely dry.
- Very light aroma if any at all, bland in taste.
Product Properties: Bitter, Cold, Acrid
Self-heal contains vitamins A, B, C, K, flavonoids, and rutin. Self-heal is packed with antioxidants which aids in boosting the immune system. Self-heal is a supportive herb that promotes in aiding the treatment of hypertension, vertigo, conjunctivitis and gout. Self-heal possesses hemostatic, demulcent, astringent, vulnerary, inflammatory, hypotensive, immunomodulator, modulator, diuretic and antiviral properties.
Self-heal like many mint family plants, is both cooling and diffusive. Self-heal also has significant mucilage making it a nice demulcent.
Self-heal tastes slightly bitter and slightly sweet. Self-heal can be enjoyed by eating the leaves and flowers in a salad blend or as a trail snack.
Self-heal makes a great tea and can also be extracted into alcohol as an extract or infused into oil for making a salve.
Self-heal Combines With:
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Plum Flower Quality Herb Cut Bulk Herbs
Plum Flower is an established worldwide manufacturer of high-quality Chinese herbs, and innovative Chinese medicinal herbs and products. Plum Flower uses sulfur-free herbs and laboratory tests its products for contamination and heavy metals, such as mercury, lead, and pesticides.
Main Characteristics (Attributes) of Herbs
- Harvested at the proper level of maturity and correct time of the season to maximize potency.
- Free from Chlorine
- Manufactured without the use of sulphur
- Preservative Free
- Made at GMP internationally certified facilities (Good Manufacturing Practices) Quality control tests are done at the manufacturing site and at third party labs to confirm results
- Aluminum Phosphate free
- Packaged in an airtight sealed bag
- Pin Yin Names and Botanical Names are listed on the bag
- Certificate of Analysis are available upon request
- Conforms to Standards of Chinese Pharmacopeia
- No dyes, colors, or bleaching of the herbs
- We are a authorized direct distributor of Plum Flower Herbs.
- 500 gram bag size which equal anywhere from 4 to 6 cups of herbs
Chinese Traditional herbs should be regarded as a supplementary aspect to modern western healthcare, and not as a replacement. Chinese traditional herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, and balance.
Why use Chinese Bulk Herbs?
Traditional Chinese Medicine curative herbal formulas have been developed, improved and perfected for over 5000 years.
Traditional Chinese Medicine is an ancient, holistic medical system used all over the world to treat a wide variety of health issues. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) works by helping to balance the bodies’ functions thus restoring health.
As soon as the Chinese people began to carve out a civilization in ancient China it developed a cultural heritage that has continued to the present day. TCM is the oldest and one of the safest, effective systems one can use to care for their body, it promotes health and helps to sustain longevity.
Chinese herbs have been with mankind for 5,000 years and will be with us in the years ahead – it is using nature’s bountiful gifts to have good health.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 5150NUPC:Global Trade Item Number: 739934151501Manufacturer Part Number 5150NCondition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)