Straw Dried Flower Wreath
Dried flower wreaths are perfect to decorate a room or hang on the front door of your home to welcome guests. The project below will give you a lovely neutral colored wreath that will fit almost anywhere. Feel free to use your creativity and make it your own. Choose the preserved leaves, dried flowers, dried herbs and colors you like! You want to create interest so be sure you choose a combination that will give you contrast in shape and color.
- Straw Wreath, 8” Diameter or size you prefer
- Preserved Ivy Leaves
- Dried Heather
- Dried Yarrow (Achillea)
- Dried Marjoram
- Dried Roses, Apricot color
- Glue Gun
- Arrange sprigs of ivy around the front of the wreath. Use the glue gun to secure them in place. Fill in any bare spots with loose leaves, again securing them with the glue gun.
- Cut sprigs of heather, dab the ends of the stem with glue. Poke the stems under the ivy leaves and press lightly to secure.
- Cut short stems on the yarrow. Dab the end of the stem with glue. Place the yarrow heads on top of the ivy. Tuck the stems under the ivy leaves and press lightly to secure.
- Cut short lengths of dried marjoram. Arrange them around the yarrow and heather, securing with the glue gun.
- Cut the heads of the dried roses and arrange them around the wreath. Secure with the glue gun.
Tip: Smaller wreaths can be used around the base of candles.