Citrus Potpourri Basket
This is a pretty way to add some refreshing citrus to your home or office. The recipe is very versatile. You can choose your favorite essential oils, dried herbs and flowers. Try out the mixture below and then let you creativity soar!
- 1 ½ ounces orris root
- Essential Oils – Lavender, Grapefruit, and Orange or other oils you prefer.
- Yarrow (Achillea)
- Dried Lavender
- Dried Cypress
- Dried Poppy Seed Heads
- Dried Lychees
- Star Anise
- Fresh Cypress Sprigs
Other Items Needed
- Kitchen Scales
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Plastic Bag
- Decorative Basket or Container
- Weigh one of you bowls on the scale, while still on the scale add enough of the orris root to increase the weight by 1 ½ ounces. Remove the bowl from the scales.
- Add your essential oils to the orris root- 8 drops of the grapefruit, 8 drops of the orange and 4 drops of the lavender. Do not put more than 20 drops total of essential oil in the orris root. Stir to combine.
- Weigh your other bowl and while still on the scale add your dried herbs and flowers to the bowl. You do not want to add more than 5 ounces of herbs and flowers. Break off the lavender flower heads and add them to the bowl. Then add the yarrow, chilies, poppy seed heads, lychees and sprigs of cypress until you reach 5 ounces.
- Place the dried flowers and herbs into a plastic bag. Then add the orris root mixture to the bag. Close and shake until combined.
- Arrange fresh cypress sprigs in the bottom of your container or basket so that they just extend over the edges. Trim the sprigs as needed.
- Arrange the dried flower and herb mixture over the cypress sprigs. Place a few star anise on top.
- Enjoy your citrus potpourri basket!