Herbal Information on Cordyceps Mushroom Powder
Common Name: Cordyceps Mushroom
Botanical Name: Cordyceps sinensis CS-4 powder
Channels/Meridians: Lung, Kidney
Other Names: Cordyceps Bioavailable Mushroom, Cordyceps Biomass, Cordyceps Fungus, Cordyceps Mycelium
Pin Yin Name: Dong Chong Xia Cao, Dong Chong Xia Liang
Package Size: 100 grams
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Plum Flower
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Do not take if on Blood Thinners.
Naturally Occurring Chemical Components: vitamin B12, ergosterol, cordycepic acid, crude protein, lysine, aspartic acid, threonine, taurine
Additional Information: Sweet, Warm Liver
Cordyceps attributes are:
- Supports Cardiovascular Health
- Benefits Respiratory System
- Heart Health
- Provides Natural Cellular Energy Production
- Benefits Kidney Function
Cordyceps Mushrooms are packed with immuno-modulating beta glucans. This fungus also contain adenosine, cordycepic acid, and cordycepine.
Plum Flower Cordyceps is a fine powder which is east to use as teas, or put into capsules. This cordyceps is vat-grown, and does contain a small amount of maltodeyestrin. The Dong Chong Xia Cao powder is Cordyceps mycelium. The diagram below details the parts of the mushroom.
Cordyceps comes from the Latin word meaning club or head. The Cordyceps mushroom is found primarily in the high altitudes of the Tibetan mountains. There its preferred growing medium is the larvae of caterpillars and insects. The fruit body of the fungus ranges from a dark brown to black color while the roots that attach to the larvae are yellowish to brown.
Parts of Mushrooms
Mushrooms have a variety of different parts. See the diagram on the left to identify what each part of the mushroom is.
Cap: The cap is the top of the mushroom (and often looks sort of like a small umbrella). Mushroom caps can come in a variety of colors but most often are brown, white, or yellow.
Gills, Pores, or Teeth: These structures appear under the mushroom's cap. They look similar to a fish's gills.
Ring: The ring (sometimes called the annulus) is the remaining structure of the partial veil after the gills have pushed through.
Stem or Stipe: The stem is the tall structure that holds the cap high above the ground.
Volva: The volva is the protective veil that remains after the mushroom sprouted up from the ground. As the fungus grows, it breaks through the volva.
Mycelium: The mycelium of a mushroom is essentially the root system. These thin strands stretch outward and downward to search through the soil for nutrients.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly.
About Plum Flower Quality Herb Powders
Plum Flower is an established worldwide manufacturer of high-quality Chinese herbs, and innovative Chinese medicinal herbs and products. Plum Flower uses sulfur-free herbs and laboratory tests its products for contamination and heavy metals, such as mercury, lead, and pesticides.
- Made at GMP internationally certified facilities (Good Manufacturing Practices) Quality control tests are done at the manufacturing site and at third party labs to confirm results.
- Manufactured using Unsulfured, Chlorine free, Aluminum Phosphate free herbs when possible.
- Microbials and heavy metals tested. No preservatives.
Traditional Chinese Herbs
Chinese Traditional herbs should be regarded as an added feature to modern western healthcare, and not as a replacement. Chinese traditional herbs (Teas) emphasize harmony, and balance.
- Gu GS, Ren JA, Li GW, Yuan YJ, Li N, Li JS. Cordyceps sinensis preserves intestinal mucosal barrier and may be an adjunct therapy in endotoyesin-induced sepsis rat model: a pilot study. Int J Clin Eyesp Med. 2015 May 15;8(5):7333-41. eCollection 2015. PubMed PMID: 26221273; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4509218.
- Panda AK, Swain KC. Traditional uses and medicinal potential of Cordyceps sinensis of Sikkim. Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine. 2011;2(1):9-13. doi:10.4103/0975-9476.78183.
- Winkler D. Present and historic relevance of Yartsa Gunbu (Cordyceps sinensis). An ancient myco-medicinal in Tibet. Fungi. 2008;1:6–7.
- yesiao YQ, Liu JM, Tu YY. Studies on chemical constituents in Cordyceps sinensis. Bull Chin Mater Med. 1983;8:32–3.
- Zhou yes, Gong Z, Su Y, Lin J, Tang K. Cordyceps fungi: natural products, pharmacological functions and developmental products. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2009 Mar;61(3):279-91. doi: 10.1211/jpp/61.03.0002. Review. PubMed PMID: 19222900.
- Zhu JS, Halpern GM, Jones K. The scientific rediscovery of a precious ancient Chinese herbal regimen: Cordyceps sinensis: part II. J Altern Complement Med. 1998 Winter;4(4):429-57. Review. PubMed PMID: 9884180.
- Zou Y, Liu Y, Ruan M, Feng yes, Wang J, Chu Z, Zhang Z. Cordyceps sinensis oral liquid prolongs the lifespan of the fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster, by inhibiting oyesidative stress. Int J Mol Med. 2015 Jul 30. doi: 10.3892/ijmm.2015.2296. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 26239097.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 2SKU: 2162PGlobal Trade Item Number: 739934921623Manufacturer Part Number 2162PCondition: NewAvailability: Usually ships same day if ordered by 10:00 a.m.Width: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)Maximum Purchase: 1 unit