Herbal information on Organic Artemisia Annua in Bulk Cut Form
Common Name: Sweet Wormwood
Botanical Name: Artemisia Annua
Channels: Kidney, Liver
Other Names: Herba Artemisiae Annuae, Sweet Wormwood, Sweet Sagewort
Pin Yin Name: Qing Hao, Ching Hao
Other Ingredients: No fillers or excipient
Package Size: 1 pound
Dosage: Follow doctor's instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Nuherbs Organic Herbs
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Should not be boiled for a long time.
California Prop 65
About Artemisia Annua
- A Traditional Chinese Herb used by Traditional Chinese Herbalists.
- Sweet wormwood, an herb from the Far East, used for centuries in China for addressing specific microbial imbalances.
- Artemisia Annua is being studied on its efficacy on fighting Malaria disorders.
- Benefits Digestion
- May be used topically on skin eruptions
- Main active ingredient is Artemisinin
- Doctors recommend Artemisia annua as a parasite cleanse
- "Ching-hao was described in the Shennong Bencao Jing (*) where it was listed as caohao: Caohao is bitter and cold. It mainly treats skin bugs, itchy scabs, and malign sores; it kills lice, relieves lodged heat in the joints, and brightens the eyes. Its other name is qinghao."
- Product Properties: Bitter, Cold
Naturally Occurring Components
- Palmitic acid
What herbs can be combined with Artemisia annua?
+Honeysuckle and Artemisia annua
+Pau d Arco and Artemisia annua
+Raw Rehmannia and Artemisia annua
+Moutan Root and Artemisia annua
How to Use Bulk Herbs Chart
With so many different ways to use bulk herbs, it is easy to get confused. In order to understand how to use the different parts of the plant, please see our informational chart below. We also have several helpful pages if you need additional information. Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly.
About Nuherbs Lab Tested Quality
Each batch of herbs is dual-lab tested by our in-house lab and independent third party lab. Our in-house lab is equipped with instruments such as a high performance liquid chromatography, moisture determination meter, Fourier transform infrared spectrometer, atomic absorption spectrophotometer, gas chromatograph, etc.
In addition, the following additional tests are performed:
- Micro bacteria
- Pesticides - over 200 pesticides tested for (Uab 2000 screen).
- Heavy Metals - Lead, Mercury and Arsenic
Traditional Chinese Herbs
Chinese herbs encompasses the use of different parts of plants, such as the leaves, roots, stems, flowers, and seeds. These plant parts are often used as a tea, decoctions, extracts, made into capsules or even a footbath. These bulk herbs should be regarded as an added feature to modern western healthcare, and not as a replacement. Chinese traditional herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony and balance.
We encourage you to educate yourself on herbs and supplements, by researching reputable sites, and books. Having an open discussion with your physician on what will be most beneficial for your health issues. And lastly discussing interaction of herbs and pharmaceuticals with your pharmacist or physician.
Hsu HY and Hsu CS, Commonly Used Chinese Herb Formulas with Illustrations, 1980, Oriental Healing Arts Institute, Long Beach, CA.
Barradell LB and Fitton A, Artesunate: A review of its pharmacology and therapeutic efficacy in the treatment of malaria, Drugs 1995; 50(4): 714-741.
ReviewsAnnaI love this artemisia annua tea, it is of the best quality and so good for you! It arrived quickly and I am so glad I found this!!Anna
Artemisia annuaI love this artemisia annua tea, it is of the best quality and so good for you! It arrived quickly and I am so glad I found this!!
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 8SKU: U10820UPC:Global Trade Item Number: 714490080182Manufacturer Part Number U10820Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)