Herbal Information for Hawthorn Berries in Cut Form
Common Names: Hawthorn Berries
Botanical Name: Crataegus pinnatifida
Pin Yin Name: Shan Zha
Other Names: Hawthorne, May Flower, Whitehorn, Hawthorn Fruit, Hawthorn Flowers, Hawthorn Berry, English Hawthorn
Channels/Meridians: Spleen, Stomach, Liver
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1lb)
Form: Cut / Sliced
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Nuherbs Lab-Tested
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Benefits of Hawthorn Berries
- Supports the Cardiovascular System
- Benefits the Kidneys
- Aids in promoting Natural Sleep
- Digestive Support
- Supports Skin Health
- Cardio Tonic
- Promotes Calm Mental Outlook
- Antioxidant Properties
- Anti-inflammatory Properties
Herb Properties: Sour, Sweet, Slightly Warm
Naturally occurring compounds:
Hawthorn is Heart Nourishing
Hawthorn Berries enhance the antioxidant activity of vitamins A, C and E. Work to improve circulation, aids in strengthening capillaries, aids to boost the immune system.
Hawthorn Berry benefits include cardiovascular health, supports normalizing blood pressure and cholesterol. Hawthorn has restorative properties and beneficial gastroprotective antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Hawthorn Berries aids in stimulating bile and gastric secretions, supporting in the digestion of stagnant food occurring in the GI tract. Especially that which is rich in fats or protein. Hawthorn Berries also contain various organic compounds that interact with gut flora to improve the digestion of nutrients.
Shan Zha is a Chinese term that refers to hawthorn fruit or berries. Hawthorn is a small tree or shrub that produces small red berries that are commonly used in Chinese traditional medicine and cuisine. The berries are rich in nutrients and antioxidants and are believed to have a variety of health benefits, including improving digestion, lowering blood pressure, and reducing the risk of heart disease. Hawthorn berries can be consumed fresh or dried, and are often used in teas, soups, and other dishes in Chinese cooking.
- B-vitamins - including folic acid, antioxidant that plays an important role for the metabolism.
- Vitamin C - supports healthy immunity, skin, and cardiovascular health.
- Flavonoid rutin - an antioxidant that improves blood flow by helping to dilate blood vessels.
- Phenols - anti-inflammatory and antiseptic.
- Procyanidins - antioxidant compounds, aid in the protection of healthy cells.
- Vitexin - antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties.
- Catechins - a class of antioxidants compounds that aid in helping to regulate blood pressure, support a healthy weight.
- Saponins - help the body absorb nutrients.
- Calcium - mineral most contributing with healthy bones and teeth.
- Iron - is a major component of hemoglobin.
This is found on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii9hLcKZkdw
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
Each batch of herbs is dual-lab tested by in-house lab and independent third party lab. In-house lab is equipped with instruments such as a high performance liquid chromatograph, moisture determination meter, Fourier transform infrared spectrometer, atomic absorption spectrophotometer, gas chromatograph, etc.
In addition, the following additional tests are performed:
- Pesticides - over 200 pesticides tested for (Uab 2000 screen)
- Heavy Metals - Lead, Mercury and Arsenic
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: P12050UPC:Global Trade Item Number: 714490013449Manufacturer Part Number P12050Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 10.00 (in)Height: 12.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)