Herbal Information on Chinese Yam Root in Bulk Powder Form
Common Name: Chinese Yam Root, Chinese Wild Yam Root
Botanical Name: Dioscorea opposita rhizome
Channels/Meridians: Kidney, Lung, Spleen
Pin Yin Name: Shan Yao
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 500 Grams ( 1.1 pounds)
Form: Powder - Fine powder 80 to 100 mesh size (similar to the consistency of baking flour)
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Plum Flower, species - authenticated herbs
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Naturally Occurring Components: dioscin, gracillin, asperin, piscidic acid, mucilage, choline, starch, sugar, protein, free amino acids, abscisin, vitamin C, amylase
Additional Information On Shan Yao
- Chinese wild yam is known due to it's health benefits as tonifying kidney and spleen.
- Strengthening the spleen and stomach to aid digestion.
- Nourishing kidney and enriching essence.
- Moisturizing Lung
- Promoting soothing rest.
In referencing Chinese Materia Medica which states: Vital functions are tonifying spleen, nourishing lung, reinforcing the kidney, and benefits essence.
Product Properties: Bitter, Sweet, Warm
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Plum Flower Quality Herb Powders
Plum Flower is an established worldwide manufacturer of high-quality Chinese herbs, and innovative Chinese medicinal herbs and products. Plum Flower uses sulfur-free herbs and laboratory tests its products for contamination and heavy metals, such as mercury, lead, and pesticides.
- Made at GMP internationally certified facilities (Good Manufacturing Practices) Quality control tests are done at the manufacturing site and at third party labs to confirm results.
- Manufactured using Unsulfured, Chlorine free, Aluminum Phosphate free herbs when possible.
- Microbials and heavy metals tested. No preservatives.
Chinese Traditional herbs should be regarded as an added feature to modern western healthcare, and not as a replacement. Chinese traditional herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, and balance.
Traditional Chinese Herbs
Chinese medicine is a 5,000 year old art and science. Diagnosis and prescription require a trained professional. If your symptoms do not improve, please consult your acupuncturist, doctor of oriental medicine, or physician.
Chinese Materia Medica
Jade Remedies by Peter Holmes.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 24220PUPC:Global Trade Item Number: 739934242209Manufacturer Part Number 24220PCondition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 10.00 (in)Height: 12.00 (in)Depth: 2.00 (in)