Herbal Information for Organic Ginger Root in 1/4" Cut Form
Common Name: Ginger Root, Ginger, Dried Ginger Root
Botanical Name: Zingerberis officianalis
Pin Yin Name: Sheng Jiang, Gan Jiang
Certified Organic: Yes, USDA Organic
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1lb)
Form: 1/4" Cut Form, Organic
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
California Prop 65
Additional Information About Ginger Root
- Fragrant Cooking Spice
- Used all over the world for both cooking and medicine
- Species started in the rainforest and has spread over the world
- Top producers of Ginger are India, Nigeria, and China
- This is the same ginger you find in ginger ale, but also in popular Indian dishes
Benefits of Ginger Root
- Eases symptoms of nausea (1)
- Temporary relief of pain related to menstruation (2)
- Eases muscle pain related to exercise (3)
- Supports Digestion
- Traditional Chinese Tonic
- Supports Healthy Circulation
Product Properties: Acrid, Hot
Channels/Meridians: Heart, Lung, Spleen, Stomach
Naturally Occurring Chemical Components: Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, Folate, Vitamin E, Trace Minerals, Evaporating oils, 6-gingesulfonic acid, angelicoidenol-2-O-β-D-glucopyranoside, gingerglycolipid A, B, C
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209850-31UPC:Global Trade Item Number: 767963060044Manufacturer Part Number 209850-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 2.00 (in)Height: 7.00 (in)Depth: 1.00 (in)