Herbal Information for Galangal Root in Cut Form
Common Name: Galangal
Botanical Name: Alpinia officinarum rhizome
Channels/Meridians: Spleen, Stomach
Pin Yin Name: Gao Liang Jiang
Other Names: Lesser Galangal Rhizome, Rhizoma alpiniae officinari
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 1 pound
Form: Cut / Sliced - sizes vary
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Nuherbs Lab Tested, species - authenticated herbs
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
California Prop 65
Chemical Components: Galangin, galangin-3-methyl ether, Kaempferol, Isorhamnetin
Product Properties: Acrid, Hot
Nutritional Facts: Galangal Root is super-rich in Vitamin C. Low in calories to help maintain body weight and supplies adequate essential dietary fibers and proteins. Furthermore, Galangal also offers the key spectrum of B vitamins to regulate metabolism, promotes cellular energy.
- Supports healthy digestion
- This herb is pungent, as well as fragrant
Digestive problems: Dietary fiber and phyto-chemical (compounds that occur naturally in plants) occurring in Galangal helps to increase the process of food digestion in the stomach. It also helps to reduce salivary and digestive acid secretion which gives problems to people with ulcers, offering comfort. The strong aromatic odor of Galangal can help aid in treating nausea. Beside those effects, Galangal is also thought to have carminative affect with relieving flatulence.
Improving blood circulation: This spicy, peppery tasting herb is declared to have the ability to flush out the toxins present in your body. Galangal improves the blood circulation and allows the entrance of important nutrients into the skin tissue. Similarly, the antioxidant properties possessed by the herb prevents the harmful toxins from being deposited in your body. As the unwanted toxins are removed from your body, the activity of your circulatory system is improved.
Boosting the Immune System: Galangal Root essence along with regular diet will satisfy the daily vitamin C requirement in healthy adults. Vitamin C functions in enhancing iron absorption for enhanced blood circulation. Vitamin C is obligatory for growth and development of all body tissues and a key antioxidant for removing toxins from the system.
HOW TO USE GALANGA ROOT
Galangal Tea Recipe: Use this Galangal Tea to support and strengthen your cardiovascular system, improve digestion, and relieve bad breath. Also acts as a powerful antioxidant. For a sweeter tea just add honey or choice of sweetener.
- 1 Piece fresh Galangal Root (two inches) sliced or minced
- 400 ml of water (1 1/2 cups of fluid oz)
- Combine water and galangal root in a saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Separate or strain Galangal Root & serve.
Galangal Root can easily be reconstitute by placing in lukewarm water. Other ways which Galangal Root can be used is to add to soups and curry's. Galangal is said to mask fishy flavor, so it is a popular spice to use in seafood dishes. Ground root can be added as a powder to smoothies or season alternative in replacement to ginger.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
Main Characteristics (Attributes) of Herbs
- Harvested at the proper level of maturity and correct time of the season to maximize potency.
- Free from Chlorine
- Manufactured without the use of sulphur
- Preservative Free
- Made at GMP internationally certified facilities (Good Manufacturing Practices) Quality control tests are done at the manufacturing site and at third party labs to confirm results
- Aluminum Phosphate free
- Packaged in an airtight sealed bag
- Pin Yin Names and Botanical Names are listed on the bag
- Certificate of Analysis are available upon request
- Conforms to Standards of Chinese Pharmacopeia
- No dyes, colors, or bleaching of the herbs
- We are a authorized direct distributor of Plum Flower Herbs.
- 500 gram bag size which equal anywhere from 4 to 6 cups of herbs
About Nuherbs Lab Tested Quality Herb Cut Bulk Herbs
Nuherbs Lab Tested sulfur-free herbs and laboratory tests its products for contamination and heavy metals, such as mercury, lead, and pesticides.
Chinese Traditional herbs should be regarded as an added feature to modern western healthcare, and not as a replacement. Chinese traditional herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: P10330UPC:Global Trade Item Number: 739934157718Manufacturer Part Number P10330Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)