How to Use Mushroom Powder
Mushroom powder offers you a versatile way enjoy the health benefits of medicinal mushrooms. Use the mushroom powder to:
- Make your own mushroom herbal capsules. The powder can be used alone or combined with other herbs into a formula to benefit your individual health needs. Get Your Capsule Making Supplies Here!
- Make a mushroom tea. Add medicinal mushroom powder to hot water and stir. Drink alone or use in your favorite herbal tea recipe. Whether using whole mushroom powder or extract powder, mushroom powder will not fully dissolve. The extract powder does dissolve somewhat better than the whole mushroom powder, but with either, you will want to stir occasionally to keep the particles dispersed.
- Make a mushroom coffee. Stir the medicinal mushroom powder directly into the hot coffee or add to your ground coffee and brew as usual.
- Add to beverages. Mushroom powder is great added to your favorite smoothies, protein shakes and milkshakes.
- Add medicinal mushroom powder to sauces. Add mushroom powder to your soups, sauces and gravies.
- Baked Goods. Yes, you can add medicinal mushroom powder to your sweet and savory baked good recipes for additional health benefits.
- Recipe Ingredient. Add mushroom powder to your favorite recipes for health benefits and depth of flavor. Use medicinal mushroom powder in a seasoning in a rub for meat, casserole, fish or favorite dish.
- Sprinkle on top of your food. Mushroom powder is easily incorporated into your food. Just sprinkle the medicinal mushroom powder like salt and pepper on salads, vegetables, eggs, etc.
Medicinal Mushroom Benefits
Agarikon Mushrooms: Immune System, Respiratory Health, Joint Health
Buy Agarikon Mushroom Powder Here.
Blazei Mushrooms: Immune System, Liver Health, Healthy Weight Management, General Wellness
Buy Blazei Mushroom Powder Here.
Chaga Mushrooms: Digestive Health, Cardiovascular Health, Respiratory Health, General Wellness
Buy Chaga Mushroom Powder Here.
Cordyceps: Endurance, Circulatory Health, Energy, Cardiovascular Health, Respiratory Function, Immune System
Buy Cordyceps Mushrooms Powder Here.
Lion’s Mane: Cognitive Function, Immune System, Nervous System, Positive Mental Outlook
Buy Lion’s Mane Mushroom Powder Here.
Maitake: Immune System, Heart Health, Detoxifying Properties, Maintain Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
Buy Maitake Mushroom Powder Here.
Mesima: Immune System, Respiratory Health, Digestive Health, Women’s Health, Blood Health, Maintain Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
Buy Mesima Mushroom Powder Here.
Reishi: Adaptogen Support, Cardiovascular Health, Immune System, Mental Stamina, General Health
Buy Red Reishi Mushroom Powder Here.
Shiitake: Immune System, Heart Health, Maintain Healthy Blood Sugar, Healthy Body Weight
Buy Shiitake Mushroom Powder Here.
Turkey Tail: Lung Health, Body Cell Health, Immune System, Digestive Health
Buy Turkey Tail Mushroom Powder Here.
Any medicinal mushroom can be used in the following recipes. Please note that some mushrooms taste better than others, you may want to adjust the amounts to suit your palette. If you are new to mushroom drinks, we would suggest starting out with Reshi, Cordyceps, Shiitake or Lion’s Mane. Feel free to try different mushroom combinations for added health benefits.
Ready-made mushroom coffee packets and hot chocolate packets can be expensive, most cost $2.00 or more per serving. Making your own mushroom coffee or hot chocolate will cost you less than a dollar per serving, depending on the extras you add. Try out the delicious mushroom coffee and mushroom hot chocolate recipes below.
Mushroom Coffee Recipe
Add ¼ teaspoon mushroom powder per cup of coffee.
- If brewing coffee, you can add the mushroom powder to your ground coffee and brew as usual.
- If you have a ready-made cup of coffee, mix ¼ teaspoon of mushroom powder into your cup of coffee and enjoy.
- Add your favorite milks, creamers, sweeteners and flavorings.
- Make your own mushroom coffee mix. Combine freeze-dried or instant coffee with the medicinal mushroom powder. If desired add powdered milk and sweeteners. Store in an air-tight container in a cool dark cupboard.
Mushroom Hot Chocolate
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 ½ cups Milk or Milk Substitute
- ½ - 1 ½ tsp. Mushroom Powder (Add according to your taste preferences.)
- 2 tsp. Cacao Powder
- 1 – 2 tsp. Honey, Sugar, Stevia, Maple Syrup or Preferred Sweetener
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Optional Toppings: Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cardamom, Red Pepper, Marshmallows, Whipped Cream or Your Favorite Toppings
- In a medium saucepan heat the milk until hot and steaming.
- Add the mushroom powder, cacao, sweetener and vanilla.
- Stir and heat for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve. Top with optional toppings if desired.
Feel free to use your favorite hot chocolate recipe or a ready-made mix. Add ¼ - ¾ tsp of mushroom powder per cup depending on your own taste preferences.
1st Chinese Herbs Offers Medicinal Mushrooms In A Variety Of Forms. We Carry Whole Mushrooms, Cut Cut Mushrooms, Powdered Mushrooms, Mushroom Extract Powders and Mushroom Capsules.