Herbal Information on Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Herb in Fine Powder
Common Name: Southern Ginseng,
Botanical Name: Gynostemma pentaphyllum
Channels/Meridians: Lung, Spleen, Kidney
Pin Yin Name: Jiao Gu Lan, unsulphured
Other Names: Sweet Tea Vine, Herba Gynostemma pentaphyllum, qi ye dan, we ye shen
Other Ingredients: None
Package Size: 500 grams (1.1 pounds)
Form: Fine Powder Form
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
How to use: Encapsulate, use in a formula
How is it pronounced? "Gee Ow Goo Lan"
Brand: Plum Flower
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Please read: Jiaogulan’s cancer-fighting properties are indisputable, it is not recommend using it as a stand-alone cancer treatment.
Naturally Occurring Components: Saponins, sugar, vitamins, malonic acid, amino acids, iron, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium, calcium
Additional Information on Gynostemma Pentaphyllum
What is Jiao Gu Lan?
Jiao Gu Lan has a wide range of medicinal benefits. It is known in China as the "Herb of Immortality"
Benefits of Jiao Gu Lan
- Support Normal Cholesterol Levels
- Promotes Circulation
- Benefits Liver Function
- Promotes Natural Energy
- Aids in a Positive State of Mind
- Improves Athletic Performance
- Protects Kidney Function
Product Properties: Bitter, Sweet, Cold
More about Jiao Gu Lan
- Commonly known as the Immortality Herb: An anti-aging, longevity tonic herb and heart tonic.
- It is reinforcing to overall health and has a strong anti-fatigue effect.
- Supports the immune system. Has adaptogen properties. Used for a variety of health complaints.
- Contains 82 saponins, some of which are directly related to the ginsenosides found in ginseng root.
- Jiao Gu Lan in cut form is perfect for making tea from, or a decoction.
- Time Tested by herbalists as Chinese Immortality Herb, our bulk lab tested loose leaf jiao gu lan is naturally sweet and brews a bright green delicious caffeine-free herbal tonic tea.
- Recent science proves it's a potent AMPK activator, adaptogen and antioxidant.
- Supports healthy immune system, memory and cognition.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Plum Flower Quality Herb Powders
Plum Flower is an established worldwide manufacturer of high-quality Chinese herbs, and innovative Chinese medicinal herbs and products. Plum Flower uses sulfur-free herbs and laboratory tests its products for contamination and heavy metals, such as mercury, lead, and pesticides.
- Made at GMP internationally certified facilities (Good Manufacturing Practices) Quality control tests are done at the manufacturing site and at third party labs to confirm results.
- Manufactured using Unsulfured, Chlorine free, Aluminum Phosphate free herbs when possible.
- Microbials and heavy metals tested. No preservatives.
Manufacture's Statement: It is important to note that Plum Flower formula extract powders do not contain any excipients. They are spray-dried directly from the condensed herbal decoction, and the resulting powder is the natural yield of the formulation. Individual herbs can vary significantly in the amount of dissolved solids they yield during extraction. Many do not have the needed substance to form a powder, and our single herb extract powders contain a pharmaceutical-grade, non-GMO corn-based dextrin when necessary.
Traditional Chinese Herbs
Chinese Traditional herbs should be regarded as an added feature to modern western healthcare, and not as a replacement. Chinese traditional herbs (Teas) emphasize harmony, and balance.
Dr. Jialiu Liu, Michael Blumert (April 1999). Jiaogulan: China’s “Immortality Herb”–Unlocking the Secrets of Nature’s Powerful Adaptogen and Antioxidant. Torchlight Publishing. ISBN: 978-1-88708-916-6
Cutler, R.G. (1985) Peroxide-producing potential of tissues: Inverse correlation with longevity of mammalian species. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 82, 4798–4802.
Wang HongFang, Li ChangJun, Wu XiaoLan; Lou XiaoJuan; Effects of Gynostemma pentaphyllum (Thunb.) Makino polysaccharides supplementation on exercise tolerance and oxidative stress induced by exhaustive exercise in rats.; African Journal of Agricultural Research 2012 Vol. 7 No. 17 pp. 2632-2638
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 25209PUPC: 739934252093Global Trade Item Number: 739934252093Manufacturer Part Number 5209Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 4.00 (in)Height: 4.00 (in)Depth: 4.00 (in)