Herbal Information for Red Sage Root in Cut Form
Common Name: Red Sage Root
Botanical Name: Salvia Miltiorrhiza Radix
Channels/Meridians: Heart, Pericardium, Liver
Pin Yin Name: Dan Shen
Other Names: Salvia Root
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 500 Grams ( 1.1 pounds)
Form: Cut / Sliced - sizes vary
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Plum Flower, species - authenticated herbs
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. **Do not use if pregnant. **Avoid using if you are taking blood thinners such as Warfarin or Coumadin. Incompatible with Li Lu.** Consult your health care professional for guidance
Naturally Occurring Chemical Components: tanshinone, cryptotanshinone, hydroxytanshinone, methyltanshinonate, miltirone, salviol, β-sitosterol,
Additional Information About Dan Shen
Dan Shen is a traditional Chinese Herb which has been used for centuries in Mongolia, China, Thailand, Japan, and Vietnam. It is harvest in the Spring and Summer, when the root is thick, and a redish-purple color, (purplish-red), and the root looks a bit wrinkled.
- Usually Dan Shen is raw, but Dan Shen may be found processed with wine.
- Dispels Blood Stasis
- Clear Heat
- Cools Blood
Dan Shen is the Pin Yin name, which literally translates into English as "cinnabar root". Salvia Miltiorrhiza Root is the Botanical name. Salvia root has been used for centuries in Traditional Chinese Medicine as an herb that invigorates and regulates the blood. It helps with various blood and cardiovascular issues. This variety of Salvia Root enters the Heart, Pericardium, and Liver channels.
Product Properties: Bitter, Slightly Cold
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Plum Flower Quality Herbs
Plum Flower is an established worldwide manufacturer of high-quality Chinese herbs, and innovative Chinese medicinal herbs and products. Plum Flower uses sulfur-free herbs and laboratory tests its products for contamination and heavy metals, such as mercury, lead, and pesticides.
Main Characteristics (Attributes) of Herbs
- Harvested at the proper level of maturity and correct time of the season to maximize potency.
- Free from Chlorine
- Manufactured without the use of sulphur
- Preservative Free
- Made at GMP internationally certified facilities (Good Manufacturing Practices) Quality control tests are done at the manufacturing site and at third party labs to confirm results
- Aluminum Phosphate free
- Packaged in an airtight sealed bag
- Pin Yin Names and Botanical Names are listed on the bag
- Certificate of Analysis are available upon request
- Conforms to Standards of Chinese Pharmacopeia
- No dyes, colors, or bleaching of the herbs
- We are a authorized direct distributor of Plum Flower Herbs.
- 500 gram bag size which equal anywhere from 4 to 6 cups of herbs
Chinese Traditional herbs should be regarded as a supplementary aspect to modern western healthcare, and not as a replacement. Chinese traditional herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, and balance.
ReviewsPatricia HancockI am deeply grateful to 1stChineseHerbs and Plum Flower Brand for your quick service and support of the "Lyme" community with quality herbs. Thank you SO much!
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 25730Global Trade Item Number: 739934157305Manufacturer Part Number 25730Condition: NewAvailability: Ships in 1 or 2 daysWidth: 8.00 (in)Height: 12.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)