Herbal information on Hong Tiao Zi Cao Root in Bulk Powder Concentrate Form
Common Names: Gromwell Root, Lithospermum Root
Botanical Name: Lithospermum erythrorhizon root
Channels/Meridians: Heart, Liver, Kidney
Other Names: Radix amebiae, Chinese Stone Seed, Purple Weed, Shikon, Lithospermi
Pin Yin Name: Hong Tiao Zi Cao, Zi Cao
Other Ingredients: Dextrin (derived from non-GMO corn)
Package Size: 100 grams
Form: Powder Concentrate
Dosage: Follow doctor's instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Plum Flower
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Additional Information on Hong Tiao Zi Cao
Hong Tiao Zi Cao is a Chinese medicinal herb to cool the blood, clear heat, invigorates blood and rid stasis, relieves toxins, moistens intestines, unblocks bowels, promotes eruption and clears damp heat from skin.
Product Properties: Sweet, Cold, Salty
Naturally Occurring Chemical Components: acetylshikonin, alkannan, alkannin angelate, deoxyshikonin, beta-acetoxyisovalerylalkannin, lithesopermidin A, lithesopermidin B, beta- dimethylacryloylshikonin, teracrylshikonin, acetyshikonin, beta-dimethylacrylshikonin, alpha-methyh-n-butyls-hikonin, isobutvalerylshikonin, dehydroalkanon, deoxyshikoonin
What Herbs combine with Acanthopanax Root Bark?
- Angelica Dahurica and Hong Tiao Zi Cao
- Burdock Root and Hong Tiao Zi Cao
- Licorice Root and Hong Tiao Zi Cao
- Dong Quai and Hong Tiao Zi Cao
- Mu Gua and Hong Tiao Zi Cao
- Rhemannia and Hong Tiao Zi Cao
- White Peony and Hong Tiao Zi Cao
- Phellodendron Bark and Hong Tiao Zi Cao
- Forsythia Fruit and Hong Tiao Zi Cao
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Plum Flower Quality Herb Powders
Plum Flower is an established worldwide manufacturer of high-quality Chinese herbs, and innovative Chinese medicinal herbs and products. Plum Flower uses sulfur-free herbs and laboratory tests its products for contamination and heavy metals, such as mercury, lead, and pesticides.
- Made at GMP internationally certified facilities (Good Manufacturing Practices) Quality control tests are done at the manufacturing site and at third party labs to confirm results.
- Manufactured using Unsulfured, Chlorine free, Aluminum Phosphate free herbs when possible.
- Microbials and heavy metals tested. No preservatives.
Manufacture's Statement: It is important to note that Plum Flower formula extract powders do not contain any excipients. They are spray-dried directly from the condensed herbal decoction, and the resulting powder is the natural yield of the formulation. Individual herbs can vary significantly in the amount of dissolved solids they yield during extraction. Many do not have the needed substance to form a powder, and our single herb extract powders contain a pharmaceutical-grade, non-GMO corn-based dextrin when necessary.
Traditional Chinese Herbs
Chinese Traditional herbs should be regarded as an added feature to modern western healthcare, and not as a replacement. Chinese traditional herbs (Teas) emphasize harmony, and balance.
Reference: http://alternativehealing.org/zi_cao.htm, https://the-eye.eu/public/Books/Occult_Library/Taoism/Peter%20Holmes%20-%20Jade%20Remedies/Peter%20Holmes%20-%20Jade%20Remedies%20-%20A%20Chinese%20Herbal%20Reference%20for%20West%20Life%20Vol%202.pdf
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 25679cUPC: 739934956793Global Trade Item Number: 0739934956793Manufacturer Part Number 5679CCondition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.50 (in)Height: 4.00 (in)Depth: 3.50 (in)