Herbal Information on Sophora Root in bulk cut form
Common Name: Sophora Root, Radix Sophorae
Botanical Name: Sophora flavescens root
Channels/Meridians: Heart, Liver, large intestine, Small intestine, Bladder
Pin Yin Name: Ku Shen
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 500 Grams (1.1 pounds)
Form: Cut, Unsulfured
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Plum Flower, species - authenticated herbs
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Do not use with liver and kidney deficiency. Large doses or extended use may damage kidneys. Consult your doctor.
Additional Information About Sophora Root
- Eliminates Heat
- Dries Dampness
- Stops Itching
- Promotes Healthy Urination
- Ku Shen translates to Bitter Ginseng, though Ku Shen does not have any relationship to Ginseng
Sophora root has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine. While the plant contains a wealth of useful chemical constituents; two of its quinolizodine alkaloid constituents, matrine and oxymatrine. Clears Heat and Promotes healthy Urination.
Naturally Occurring Components: Alkaloids, Flavones, Flavonoids
Additional Information: Bitter, Cold
Sophora Root Combines With:
+Burdock and Sophora Root
+Sichuan Pepper and Sophora Root
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes.
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket.
About Plum Flower Quality Herb Powders
Plum Flower is an established worldwide manufacturer of high-quality Chinese herbs, and innovative Chinese medicinal herbs and products. Plum Flower uses sulfur-free herbs and laboratory tests its products for contamination and heavy metals, such as mercury, lead, and pesticides.
- Made at GMP internationally certified facilities (Good Manufacturing Practices) Quality control tests are done at the manufacturing site and at third party labs to confirm results.
- Manufactured using Unsulfured, Chlorine free, Aluminum Phosphate free herbs when possible.
- Microbials and heavy metals tested. No preservatives.
Chinese Traditional herbs should be regarded as an added feature to modern western healthcare, and not as a replacement. Chinese traditional herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 25742UPC:Global Trade Item Number: 739934157428Manufacturer Part Number 5742SFCondition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)