Herbal Information for Organic Dandelion Root in Powder Form
Common Name: Dandelion Root, Blowball, Cankerwort, Dent de lion, Lion's tooth, Priest's Crown, Pu Gong Ying, Puffball, Swine snout
Botanical Name: Taraxacum officinale
Certified Organic: Yes, USDA Organic
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 1 pound
Form: Fine Powder
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
California Prop 65
Additional Information About Dandelion Root
Benefits of Dandelion Root
- Supports Healthy Bladder Function
- Supports the Natural Cleansing Action of the Liver
- Commonly used botanical support for body fluid balance
- High in Vitamin K and contains more vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, and magnesium
- Rich in Fiber
- For Occasional use as a Laxative
- Digestive Tonic
Studies have found other benefits of dandelion root as well. One study found that dandelion root was beneficial to liver health and helped protect the liver in cases of alcohol damage. Another study found that in rabbits given a high cholesterol diet but supplemented with dandelion root, their cholesterol levels were lower.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes.
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket.
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years, in all cultures. In this day and age Western Bulk Herbs and Spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare, and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, support, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209250-51UPC: 767963023919Manufacturer Part Number 209250-51Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 2.00 (in)Height: 7.00 (in)Depth: 7.00 (in)