Herbal Body Scrub
This herbal scrub offers a natural way to keep your skin looking healthy and vibrant. The scrub may contain simple natural ingredients, but provides many advantages. Oranges are full of vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for healthy looking skin. Just view some of the high-end lotions and creams and you will notice many contain a form of Vitamin C. Citrus fruits naturally tone and brighten the skin. They help soften dry and patchy areas allowing for smoother and moisturized skin. Rose petals also have astringent and toning properties for the skin. Roses contain high amounts of vitamin C making them a wonderful antioxidant. Rose oils work as an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent to help sooth irritated skin. Oatmeal when applied to damp skin is an excellent exfoliator, leaving your skin smooth and vibrant. Thyme is also a good astringent for the skin. Finally the combination of the fragrant rose petals and thyme offer a soothing and relaxing scent to help relieve the stresses of the day. So take some time to pamper yourself with this herbal scrub.
- 2 Oranges
- 2 Large Fragrant Red Roses
- 1 ½ ounce Dried Thyme
- 2 cups Oatmeal
- Vegetable Peeler
- Paper Towels
- Food Processor
- Glass Jar with Stopper
- Peel the outer layer of the oranges with the vegetable peeler. Place the strips of peel on a paper towel to absorb moisture.
- Place the paper towel with the orange peel on a microwave safe plate and put it in the microwave. Microwave the peels on medium power for 2 minutes. Peels should be brittle to the touch. Microwave up to another minute if needed. Set the peel aside.
- Remove the petals from the roses and place on the paper towel lined microwave safe plate. Microwave the petals on medium heat for 2 minutes or until brittle. If necessary microwave the petals up to an additional minute as needed.
- Combine the oatmeal, orange peel and rose petals in the food processor. Process the mixture for 5 seconds.
- Add the dried thyme to the oat mixture. Process the mixture another 5 seconds.
- Store the scrub in a clean, dry glass bottle with a stopper.
- To use, gently rub the scrub on damp skin on your body. Avoid using the scrub on your face as it may be too abrasive.
You are advised to check with your doctor or dermatologist prior to use to ensure you are not allergic to the ingredients. If skin irritation occurs, stop immediately.