Herbal Information for Hawthorn Berries in Extract Powder Form
Common Names: Hawthorn Berries, Hawthrone Berries, May Flower, Whitehorn, Hawthorn Fruit
Botanical Name: Crataegus pinnatifida fruit
Pin Yin Name: Shan Zha
Channels/Meridians: Spleen, Stomach, Liver
Other Ingredients: Dextrin Non GMO
Package Size: 100 grams ( 3.5 ounces)
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Plum Flower, species - authenticated herbs
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Additional Information About Hawthorn Berries
Hawthorn berry has been used medicinally for hundreds of years. It traditional Chinese medicine it is used to activate the blood, resolve blood stasis, rid food stagnation and promote healthy digestive function. Today hawthorn berry is a popular cardio tonic. A powerful antioxidant hawthorn berry benefits overall health, circulatory health, kidney health and digestion.
- Cariovascular System Support
- Flavonoid Rich
- Contains Procyanidins
- Positively influence the contraction of heart muscle
Naturally Occurring Components of Hawthorn Berries
- Glycosides of B-type oligomeric procyanidins and flavonols
- Phenolic compounds
- Triterpenica acids
Product Properties: Sour, Sweet, Slightly Warm
Shan zha, also known as hawthorn or Chinese hawthorn, is a fruit that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries.
Here are 10 potential benefits of Shan Zha / Hawthorn Berries:
- Promotes cardiovascular health: Shan zha has been shown to help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels, which can promote better heart health.
- Aids digestion: Shan zha can help improve digestion by stimulating the secretion of digestive enzymes, which can help relieve symptoms such as bloating, gas, and constipation.
- Boosts immunity: Shan zha is rich in antioxidants and can help boost the immune system by fighting off harmful free radicals.
- Regulates blood sugar: Shan zha has been shown to help regulate blood sugar levels by improving insulin sensitivity, which can be beneficial for people with diabetes.
- Improves sleep quality: Shan zha has a calming effect on the nervous system and can help improve sleep quality.
- Reduces anxiety: Shan zha has been used in traditional Chinese medicine to help reduce anxiety and promote relaxation.
- Promotes weight loss: Shan zha can help promote weight loss by suppressing appetite and aiding digestion.
- Supports liver function: Shan zha has been shown to have a protective effect on the liver and can help improve liver function.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Shan zha has anti-inflammatory properties and can be used to help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Rich in nutrients: Shan zha is a good source of vitamins C and B, as well as minerals such as calcium, potassium, and iron.
About Hawthorn Berries
Hawthorns are small trees or flowering shrubs, members of the rose family. Native to the regions of Northern Europe, they can be successfully grown all over the world. We're particularly interested in the small, red, hawthorn berries, although leaves and flowers have also been found to have special properties.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Plum Flower Quality Herbs
Plum Flower is an established worldwide manufacturer of high-quality Chinese herbs, and innovative Chinese medicinal herbs and products. Plum Flower uses sulfur-free herbs and laboratory tests its products for contamination and heavy metals, such as mercury, lead, and pesticides.
Main Characteristics (Attributes) of Herbs
- Harvested at the proper level of maturity and correct time of the season to maximize potency.
- Free from Chlorine
- Manufactured without the use of sulphur
- Preservative Free
- Made at GMP internationally certified facilities (Good Manufacturing Practices) Quality control tests are done at the manufacturing site and at third party labs to confirm results
- Aluminum Phosphate free
- Packaged in an airtight sealed bag
- Pin Yin Names and Botanical Names are listed on the bag
- Certificate of Analysis are available upon request
- Conforms to Standards of Chinese Pharmacopeia
- No dyes, colors, or bleaching of the herbs
- We are a authorized direct distributor of Plum Flower Herbs.
- 500 gram bag size which equal anywhere from 4 to 6 cups of herbs
Chinese Traditional herbs should be regarded as a supplementary aspect to modern western healthcare, and not as a replacement. Chinese traditional herbs
( Teas ) emphasize harmony, and balance.
Why use Chinese Bulk Herbs?
Traditional Chinese Medicine curative herbal formulas have been developed, improved and perfected for over 5000 years.
Traditional Chinese Medicine is an ancient, holistic medical system used all over the world to treat a wide variety of health issues. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) works by helping to balance the bodies’ functions thus restoring health.
As soon as the Chinese people began to carve out a civilization in ancient China it developed a cultural heritage that has continued to the present day. TCM is the oldest and one of the safest, effective systems one can use to care for their body, it promotes health and helps to sustain longevity.
Chinese herbs have been with mankind for 5,000 years and will be with us in the years ahead – it is using nature’s bountiful gifts to have good health.
Shan Zha, extract powder Crataegus pinnatifida fruit 100 grams size (3.5 ounces) Hawthorne Berry Product Notes: Please note: Due to naturally high sugar content and our commitment to providing powders with as little excipients as possible, this product may be prone to hardening or clumping. Other Ingredients: Dextrin (derived from non-GMO corn)
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 25368CUPC:Width: 4.00 (in)Height: 3.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)