Herbal Information for Echinacea Purpurea Root in Organic Cut Form
Name: Echinacea Purpurea Herb
Botanical Name: Echinacea purpurea
Other Names: Echinacea, Snake Root, Purple Coneflower, Black Samson, Narrow Leaf Echinacea
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1 lb.)
Form: Certified Organic Cut Pieces
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Origin: United States
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Echinacea Purpurea is identified by its purple petals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing
Benefits of Echinacea
- Supports healthy immune defenses.
- Winter health support
- Botanical blood purifier
- Aids in supporting oxygen levels in the blood
- Aids in alleviating inflammation and joint discomfort
- Promotes the health of cells
- Supports oral health
- Provides Antioxidants
- Promotes upper respiratory health
- Encourages and promotes normal skin health
- Contains phenols - Phenols control the activity of a range of enzymes and cell receptors
How to Use
- In capsule form
- Poultice applied to the skin
- Squeezed into a juice
- Make into a decoction
What does Echinacea pair beautifully with?
Volatile oils, polysaccharides, polyacetylenes, betain, glycoside, sesquiterpenes and caryophylene.
Echinacea is a powerful and beneficial herb used by people around the world to maintain good health. Every part of the plant, from the roots to the flower petals, is bursting with vital nutrients. With a reputation as a natural cold remedy, many people enjoy echinacea in one form or another, whether as a tea, a supplement, or even the raw plant.
The health benefits of Echinacea are owed to its diverse makeup of nutrients which includes:
- Polysaccharides - are the most abundant carbohydrates found in food.
- Alkylamides - a class of compounds present in plants of the genus Echinacea.
- Flavonoids - are a diverse group of phytonutrients found in plants.
- Polyphenols - are micronutrients that naturally occur in plants.
- Vitamin C - improves the absorption of non-heme iron. Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin.
- Selenium - is an essential trace mineral found in soil, water, and some foods.
- Zinc - a nutrient found throughout your body, helps your immune system and metabolism function.
Who should not use Echincea?
Echinacea may not be helpful if you have any of the following conditions: an autoimmune disorder (such as lupus), human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). If you are pregnant or breastfeeding you should talk with your doctor before you start taking echinacea.Jan 1, 2003. Information from https://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/0101/p83.html
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes.
How to make a citrus facial splash
Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
Citrus potpourri basket.
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Echinacea Certified Organic Powder. What does Certified Organic mean?
Organic herbs are grown without the use of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, genetically modified organisms, or ionizing radiation. We offer certificate of analysis on most of our herbs. Requested a certificate with your order to insure we have the correct lot number for you.
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years, in all cultures. In this day and age Western Bulk Herbs and Spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare, and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, support, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209285-31UPC:Manufacturer Part Number 209285-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 5.00 (in)Height: 7.00 (in)Depth: 2.00 (in)